requently Asked Questions

Robins II Family Housing appreciates your interest in our Community.  We believe we provide the best housing and service in our area and invite you to come by, see what we have to offer and talk to one of our staff, several of whom are also residents!  

Contact us at your convenience with any other questions you may have, or for further clarification on any of the questions addressed below. 

Above all, WELCOME TO ROBINS. You’re going to love it here!

* Click on a question to view the answer

Assignment Questions

• If I clear quarters before deployment do I have priority on the wait list when I return?

No, the date you reapply for housing is your new eligibility date.

• If I currently live in housing on post do I need any additional information regarding my deployment?

Yes, please leave a point of contact for Rear Detachment with us in case we need to contact you regarding your allotment.

• What if I am a single parent and am deployed? Can I appoint someone to occupy my home to take care of my children?

Yes, but documentation is required for your file, including an Exception to Policy document with point of contact information, a copy of the Special Power of Attorney, and paperwork demonstrating temporary guardianship of your child/children to your appointee.

• What if I am deployed and my family wants to visit family for an extended period of time?

Your spouse must come into our office and fill out our Point of Contact form. This lists phone numbers where the spouse can be reached as well as who may be contacted in the area if an emergency exists. A key in a sealed envelope for emergency purposes may be left at the Robins II Family Housing Office.

• What do I do if my allotment for BAH has stopped for any reason?

Unless you've properly cleared your quarters the allotment will automatically start back up the next month. However, any past due rent for the month in which your allotment was stopped is due immediately. Payment can be made directly at the Robins II Family Housing office. Please contact our office or have your Rear Detachment contact our office it this occurs.

• What if I decide to move off post before/during my deployment?

We require written documentation of your deployment status stating you are deployed for more than 90 days as well as a proper 30-day written notice to vacate. If the service member is not available the spouse will need a Power of Attorney to submit documentation.

• What are the requirements for vacating quarters?

Written notice is required before vacating quarters and should be given at our management office as soon as you are aware of your moving arrangements (ideally, 30 days prior to your lease expiration date). In the case of deployment, PCS, etc. contact our office as soon as you are notified; we will assist you in the process.

• What happens if my name is called on the wait list and I am deployed?

Your spouse will need Power of Attorney in order to sign for quarters on post, start the allotment for BAH, and pay the prorated rent. Please make sure we have contact numbers for your spouse. Please also make sure your spouse knows how to contact and set up your transportation appointment.

• What is the process for the waiting list?

You may apply for housing no more than 60 days prior to arrival. If housing is not available you may request placement on our wait list according to your grade and the number of bedrooms for which you qualify. We will refer units as they become available.

• How will the Assignment process work?

Contact Robins II Family Housing to obtain more information. Before we can assign a house each applicant must obtain a referral certificate from the base Housing Management Office.

• Can a family be moved from a three bedroom to a two bedroom if they only have one child?

No, once settled in, you will not be downgraded.

• What happens if my family size increases?

Visit the Robins II Family Housing Management Office to request a Transfer On Site (TOS) to a larger unit. If a larger unit is not immediately available you will be placed on the proper wait list. Please be aware moves of this type are at the service member’s expense. Neither Robins II Family Housing nor the military will pay for a TOS.

Utility Questions

• Will I have to pay utilities for my home?

Resident is responsible for Electric & Gas except in Forest Park. Trash, Recycling collection, Water, Sewer services and Pest control are provided by Robins Family Housing at no cost to the residents.

Miscellaneous Questions

• Are RVs and Boats permitted in Privatized Housing?

Parking of Recreational Vehicles (RV’s, boats, trailers, etc.) is not allowed within family housing unless the vehicle is parked in the resident's garage or if the vehicle is being used for loading or unloading. Vehicle loading or unloading is limited to no more than 24 hours and must not obstruct traffic. Please ask a Robins II Family Housing Staff member about the onsite RV parking lot.

• Is there a maintenance program?

Robins II Family Housing has on-site professional maintenance personnel to provide responsive care for every home. We ask residents to leave home repairs to these professionals by calling in a service request. You may contact the maintenance department via the website ( or by phone at (478) 929-3142.

• What is the policy regarding satellite dishes?

Satellites dishes are allowed with prior written approval from management.

• What is the policy regarding sheds?

Sheds are allowed with prior written approval from the management office.

Payment Questions

• How will BAH work for families where both parents are military members?

Both members will receive BAH. The senior member receives it at the with-dependent rate while the junior member receives it at the without-dependent rate. Under current Department of Defense rules only the senior member's BAH at the with-dependent rate is used to calculate the rent amount. The family may keep the BAH of the junior member.

• What does my rent include?

Your rent includes all normal monthly expenses for your home except electric and gas utilities.

• If my rent is late do I need to pay a late fee?

Yes, late fees apply for rent and all other charges that are not paid in a timely manner.

• How much is my rent?

Your rent is the BAH you receive minus the Utility Allowance. BAH is based on rank and area of assignment not on the size of the home. Except in Forest Park, Huntington Park and Huntington Hills, these communities are market rent.

• If I receive a promotion or demotion what is the amount of my rent?

The rent will increase for a promotion and decrease for a demotion. The rental amount is always the amount of the BAH you receive minus the Utility Allowance. It is your responsibility to notify the Robins II Family Housing Office within 30 days of any promotions or demotions.

• What is the eviction policy?

Residents may be evicted for non-payment, egregious acts, or failure to follow Community Policies. The Command is involved in ALL eviction proceedings.

• Will BAH be counted as income? Specifically, will it affect the cost of children's day care?

BAH is an entitlement and is not counted as taxable income. However, it will be included in gross income which means programs based on an individual's gross income may be affected.

• Who is responsible for answering my payment questions?

You may direct your questions to the Bookkeeper.

• The current year BAH amount for my grade and ZIP Code is less than I was getting last year--am I going to lose money?

No, BAH rate protection does not allow reductions in housing allowances as long as the Service Member maintains uninterrupted eligibility for BAH. If your duty assignment station, your rank, and your family status do not change you will always receive the higher BAH amount.

• Can I ever lose rate protection?

The following circumstances change your status and interrupt your eligibility for the allowance. First, if you are promoted or demoted your BAH will be adjusted to and your rate protection resets for your new rank. Second, if your dependency status changes (from with dependents to without dependents, or vice versa) your housing allowance is adjusted to the new status and the applicable current BAH rate.

• Will rent be prorated if I move out other than the last day of the month?

The month is divided into 30 equal periods despite the number of days in any given month. The rent is assessed only for the days that you live in housing.

• How will I pay rent?

For Service Members in the Army, Navy and Air Force the rent is paid by Allotment. We utilize Military Assistance Company (MAC), an organization approved by the military services to manage the allotment process. Your BAH on your LES is an entitlement and is listed as a payment to Robins II Family Housing. The advantages of payment by Allotment are that you will not be required to pay a Security Deposit and your rent will be due in arrears. For example, your January rent is received on February 1st.

For Service Members in the Marines payment by Allotment still applies, but you are responsible for filling out an Allotment Form (DD Form 2558) and forwarding your copy of the form to your finance administrator. We also need a copy of the form for our files.

Service Members in the Coast Guard are responsible for filling out an Allotment Worksheet (CG PSC-2040). Nellis Family Housing requires a copy of the PSC-2040 and it is the resident's responsibility to deliver the original signed PSC-2040 to the PERSRU Office for initiation of the rent allotment. We also require a copy of the form for our files.

• How does military housing privatization affect a service member's Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH)?

Privatization does not affect the amount of BAH that is paid to the service member. Prior to privatization service members did not receive BAH if they lived in military housing. Under the Military Housing Privatization Initiative all service members choosing to live in privatized military housing receive their BAH and use the BAH to pay the privatized housing provider. At Robins II Family Housing the monthly allotment payment will be automatically transferred to Robins II Family Housing at the end of each month. This process is performed and monitored by Military Assistance Company, LLC (MAC), the world's largest processor of automatic payroll deductions for military and civil service employees.

• Foreign students do not receive BAH and can not utilize paying by allotment. How will foreign students pay their rent?

Foreign students will pay rent monthly by check or money order--made payable to Robins II Family Housing LLC.

• Please explain more about the BAH entitlement and rent allotment.

The government determines the service member's BAH based on the cost of similar rental property near the base, typical utilities, his/her rank, and the typical cost of Renter's Insurance. An allotment from the service member's account is set up upon lease signing to pay rent to Robins II Family Housing.


• Is there a pet weight/policy?

The number of pets in a home is limited to two. Residents are required to complete a Pet Addendum with the leasing agreement and pay pet deposit and/or fees. The following aggressive breeds are not permitted: Akita, Chow, Doberman, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, American Staffordshire Terriers, English Stafford Terriers, Bull Terriers, Wolf Hybrids or any other breed with dominant traits geared toward aggression. Residents are responsible for any pet damages. Exotic pets are not allowed.

Maintenance Questions

• Whom do I contact with concerns of maintenance issues?

Residents may contact the Robins II Family Housing Maintenance Office via the internet ( or phone (478) 929-3142.

• How do I make a maintenance request?

You may call (478) 929-3142 to report an emergency or request maintenance repairs. You may also initiate maintenance service via our website.

• Who performs service requests for the privatized quarters and are residents charged for services?

Robins II Family Housing maintenance staff perform all service requests for the residents. There are no charges for these services unless the problem is a result of negligence or inappropriate action(s) by residents. Typically maintenance requests are completed within 24 hours. Residents are not required to be home while the request is being completed.

• Will garbage be picked up?

Yes, Robins II Family Housing is responsible for trash pickup and recycling at no additional cost to the resident.

Leasing Questions

• What if I receive orders to PCS or TDY for more than thirty days?

The lease contains provisions that allow you to break your lease with a proper 30-day written notice and a copy of the orders. Be sure to contact our office as soon as you are notified so that we can assist you.

• What if I receive immediate orders and am not able to provide 30 days notice?

If you receive short orders (initial notification with insufficient advance time to fulfill the required notification process) the 30 day requirement may be waived. Official orders are not required to start the notice process; we can accept any form of documentation regarding reassignment. Most importantly, please contact our office as soon as you are notified so we can assist you.

• Do I have to sign a lease?

Yes, all residents are required to sign a lease in order to protect themselves as well as the partnership.

• What if I decide to break my lease for other reasons prior to the one-year expiration?

If you do not fulfill your lease term, i.e., move out before your lease expires, you are held responsible for rent until such time as your lease expires or a new resident moves in to your residence, whichever occurs first.

• What happens if a divorce occurs in a family residing in Housing?

A divorce constitutes a change in eligibility and you no longer qualify to occupy housing. In such cases, the service member and/or family are required to vacate the home.

• How will I sign the lease if I am the military member and deployed or on an unaccompanied tour?

Your spouse may sign the lease if they have a Power of Attorney. If your spouse does not have Power of Attorney please contact the Robins II Family Housing Office for further assistance.

• Please explain more about the lease.

The lease is a standard resident agreement used by all privatized military housing and conventional (civilian) rental properties. Residents are required to sign a lease in order to reside in housing. The lease specifies the rights and responsibilities of resident and Owner. The lease also sets the service member's BAH as the monthly payment to Robins II Family Housing.

• If I earn a promotion during the lease period can I move to another base house commensurate with the new rank?

In the event of a promotion the member may request a move to the category housing which is appropriate for his or her rank; the move isvoluntary and at the member's expense. The member's rent is increased to match the increased BAH. The move is subject to housing availability.

• If I am demoted during the lease period is my rent adjusted to my BAH?

In the event of a demotion you must notify the management office in writing. The amount of the monthly payment due depends on several factors and varies in each case. Contact our office to review your specific situation.

About Privatization

• What is the Air Force Privatization Program?

The Air Force Privatization Program is a government initiative which allows the services to leverage appropriated construction funds and government-owned property to attract private capital to improve military housing. The Air Force Privatization Program offices plan and implement the program, policies and procedures for the transition to the private-sector developer.

• How does privatization affect the service that military members receive?

Robins II Family Housing draws upon their private sector experience to provide first-rate service and amenities to our military families. We pride ourselves in our commitment to customer service; our goal is to deliver a product that meets or exceeds the standards of the surrounding community.

• Will military members still have the option to live off-installation?

Yes, military members still have the option to use their BAH to rent a house or apartment off base.

Click here to view our Newsletter or view other Hunt Military Communities